Literacy through Art & Literacy through Dance
Module provides hands-on learning activities for overall academic achievement and school success.
- Stimulates and develops the imagination and critical thinking.
- Refines cognitive and creative skills.
- Students explore a story book and its author in depth through art-making integrated with math, science, engineering and technology, (STEAM) initiative.*
- Students build language skills through music.
- Dance helps students with motor control, coordination and a sense of direction.
- Students use a variety of body movements to strengthen their social skills through group activities.
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)
In recent years educators identified the subjects Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) as areas in which the United States is lagging behind other countries and are critical components to our future in the global economy.
However, there is a growing recognition that creative and innovative thinking is a vital component to the success of the STEM initiative. Therefore, adding Arts programming to STEM has led to the evolution of STEM into STEAM.